A Pius XI High School education is an investment for a lifetime. Providing foundational college-ready academics along with a range of opportunities for students to advance their future life chances is our distinction. The Pius XI tradition of curricular programming tailored to meet rapidly changing real world needs is well known.
We continue to run Pius XI efficiently and cost effectively. We are also blessed with foundational support and successful fundraising that contributes to the overall expense of educating each student.
Tuition for the 2012-2013 academic year is $9,500 along with a customary $500 book rental fee. The tuition rate and book rental fee for 2013-2014 will be determined in March by the Pius XI Board of Directors.
2013-2014 Financial Aid Application Process/Timeline
After December 1, 2012
Financial aid application packets are available in-person from the Pius XI Business Office, or parents may call 414.290.8135 to request that a packet be mailed to them. Packets will also be available at any of our Open House events.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2017), Returning Students and Transfer Students,
Financial Aid Deadline is February 15, 2013.
1. Complete the financial aid application and mail it to Private School Aid Service along with a copy
of your 2012 Federal income tax return and the required processing fee.
2. Complete scholarship application(s) (if applicable) and return to the Pius XI Business Office
along with the student essay, report card and two letters of recommendation.
After April 1, 2013
Award notification letters will be mailed to all families who applied by the February 15, 2013 deadline.
Financial Aid Workshops
If you would like more information about the various tuition assistance programs available, please attend f our financial aid workshop Thursday, February 7, 2013.
The workshop is held in the Pius XI Library Media Center from 6-7:00 p.m. Advance reservations are not necessary. Individual financial aid counseling is also available. Questions may be directed to Grace Hein, Financial Aid Coordinator, at 414.290.8135 or email@example.com
Academic Scholarship Competitions
All 8th grade students who register to attend Pius XI are invited to participate in a variety of Academic Scholarship Competitions. Click here
to download a a competition registration form.
Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
A lottery program made available to City of Milwaukee residents who meet State-mandated income and residency criteria. Click here for redirection to the Department of Public Instruction Website for more information on this program or contact the Pius XI Business Office.
Pius XI's MPCP enrollment period takes place in February 2013. Application packets will be available from our Business Office on or after January 15, 2013. Applications MUST be submitted along with supporting documentation during the February 1-20 open application period; applications submitted after February 20 will not be considered. Please note that application for the MPCP does not ensure admission to Pius XI High School; parents must submit a separate Pius XI admissions enrollment application and complete placement testing. Likewise, submission of the Pius XI admission enrollment application does not ensure participation in the MPCP. Please see the Admissions page for a downloadable 2012-2013 Pius XI Enrollment Application.
Financial Assistance Overview
Four types of tuition assistance programs are available to families of Pius XI High School students. Check back after Oct 15 for a printer-friendly document.
- Tuition Assistance Programs - For families who recognize the value of a Pius XI education but who could not otherwise afford full tuition.
- Family Grant – The primary source of financial assistance for Pius XI families. Families are required to re-apply each year, submit an application to PSAS received through the school, and submit other supplemental materials. Applications become available in December. May be awarded in combination with other tuition assistance programs.
- Donor-Designated Scholarships – These scholarships are funded by direct donations and endowments. Donors may designate specific criteria applicants must meet in order to qualify. Applicants must submit an essay, report card and two letters of recommendation.
- Academic Awards - For outstanding achievement on the Pius XI placement test or at one of several Pius XI-sponsored academic competitions.
- Academic Excellence Award - $500/year each to three top scorers on Pius XI placement test administered in November. Families are notified by the Pius XI Institutional Advancement Office.
- English, Science, Math, and Art Scholarship Competitions offer a range of awards. See downloadable registration form with dates and important information.
- Additional Assistance Programs - Includes student summer work program and Archdiocesan employee tuition reduction program.
- Student Summer Work Program – Students spend six hours a day at Pius XI for two weeks during the summer working on a variety of tasks and are awarded a $300 tuition grant for their work.
- Archdiocesan Employee Tuition Reduction Program – Partial tuition grants to full and part-time employees of Catholic schools and parishes in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- External assistance programs - Scholarships and grants administered by agencies not directly affiliated with Pius XI High School.
- Parish, Civic Organizations and Employer Scholarships – Several area parishes, Lions Clubs, Rotary Clubs, veterans organizations and employers offer partial tuition scholarships to parish members, community residents or employees. Contact the organizations directly for application information.
- Catholic Family Life Insurance – For Catholic Family Life Insurance policyholders only. Based on financial need. Must apply directly to Catholic Family by March 1.
- Fr. Gene’s HELP Scholarship – For any student attending private or parochial school. Awards are limited and based on financial need. Applications available through the Pius XI Business Office after January 1.
- Knights of Columbus – Based on financial need. Applications available from local Knights of Columbus councils.
- Milwaukee Parental Choice Program – A lottery program made available to City of Milwaukee residents who meet State-mandated income and residency criteria. Applications available from the Pius XI Business Office on or after January 15, 2013 and MUST be submitted along with the supporting documentation during the February 1-20 open application period.
NOTE: Pius XI does not award scholarships based on athletic ability or achievement. Also, any student receiving financial aid will be expected to meet grade-point average, behavior and attendance criteria.