Performing Arts Awards and Accolades
Our students are talented – and here at Pius XI, they are challenged by exceptional faculty to grow and reach new levels in their God-given talents. Their hard work and dedication rarely goes unrecognized: many of our students frequently are awarded at national and regional levels for their excellence in the performing, choral, and visual arts.
We value the arts and the talents of our students. In a time where many schools are curtailing arts programs, we are expanding ours. Pius XI Catholic High School encourages growth of the whole student: from academics and faith development to their artistic pursuits.
Recognition of Artistic Talent and Drive
- Pius XI visual art scholars are routinely offered more than $3 million in college scholarships each year.
- In an era of diminishing resources when many schools are reducing or eliminating the arts, our commitment to the “artist-scholar” remains unwavering.
- The program has produced five Presidential Scholars and numerous merit and scholarship awards through the YoungArts Competition (ARTS), the nation’s most prestigious art award. In the past eight years alone, we’ve had 11 YoungArts National Finalists, as well as seven National Scholastic Arts Portfolio Gold Medal winners and more than 100 National Scholastic Silver Portfolio Winners.
- The quality of instruction by the art faculty has been recognized by invitation to the White House five times since 1995, and has been recognized for excellence by the Education Department of Harvard University and the International Network of Performing and Visual Arts Schools.
- Additionally, our unique program and has been the subject of 2 doctoral dissertations.
- Pius XI graduates pursuing post-secondary education in art can be found in some of the country’s most prestigious art programs including Art Center, The Rhode Island School of Design, the Maryland Institute College of Art, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Washington University and Tufts University.