Pius XI Catholic High School is Proud to be a Project Lead The Way® (PLTW) School. PLTW creates dynamic partnerships with schools to prepare an increasing and more diverse group of students to be successful in engineering and engineering technology programs.
Pius XI PLTW graduating seniors have traditionally earned more than 165 college engineering credits and have been offered more than $175,000 in college scholarships on an annual basis.
“We are thrilled to partner with local engineers and offer dynamic learning opportunities to inspire the next generation of forward thinkers.”
The Engineering – Project Lead the Way – Program is Designed to:
- Introduce students to the scope, rigor and discipline of engineering prior to entering college.
- Even if not planning to pursue a four-year college degree in engineering, students benefit greatly from the knowledge and thought-processes resulting from taking some or all of the program courses.
- Develop hands-on and critical thinking skills.
- Allow students to earn college credit for each of their PLTW courses.
- Cultivate a student’s ability to use technology software by making interdisciplinary connections.
- PLTW: Introduction to Engineering and Design (IED)
- PLTW: Principles of Engineering (POE)
- PLTW: Digital Electronics (DE)
- PLTW: Civil Engineering and Architecture (CEA)
- PLTW: Introduction to Computer Science
- Rube Goldberg Machine Design