Fitness & Wellness Department
Pius XI Catholic High School’s Fitness and Wellness program emphasizes enjoyable participation in which students gain sufficient knowledge to pursue healthy and active lifestyles. Students learn about the health benefits of their physical activity, develop individual health and fitness goals, and to become motivated to be physically fit for a lifetime.
“Students will notice improved cardio-respiratory endurance, flexibility and muscular strength.”
The Fitness & Wellness Program is Designed to:
- Cultivate an understanding of the importance of lifelong fitness, wellness, and nutrition.
- Give students the ability to understand their own bodies – and the consequences of decisions that affect it.
- Develop success and confidence with plans for proactive fitness, wellness, and healthy lifestyles.
- Allow students to receive hands-on experience and individualized instruction for their own personal health and fitness through the use of heart-rate monitors, pedometers, and other fitness technology.
- Freshmen Co-ed Physical Education
- Contemporary Health Topics
- Sophomore Co-ed Physical Education
- Racket Up and Stick To It
- Competitive Team Activities
- Bodies in Motion
- Female Body Sculpting
- Body Development
- Lifetime Sports Activities