National Honor Society. A Pius XI Tradition
The National Honor Society at Pius XI is a member of the Oak Leaf Chapter of the national organization and has been an active organization over the course of many decades.
As a chapter of the national group that has been in existence since the 1920s, Pius XI is rooted in the tradition of academic excellence and scholarly growth.
Begin Your NHS Journey
Students are invited to apply to the National Honor Society if they are sophomores or juniors and have a cumulative grade point of 3.500 or above. Members are selected to become NHS members by a group of five Pius XI teachers as in accordance with the rules of the national organization.
The NHS is a service organization. Members are encouraged to participate in and promote service opportunities for their church, for their community, and for their school.
2017 Pius XI NHS Application
Service and Fundraising Opportunities
- Bell ringing and general assistance to the Salvation Army during the Christmas seasons
- Tutoring in the library
- Assisting at an auction to raise funds for hemophilia
- A band concert raising funds for the Pediatric Cardiac Unit of St. Joseph’s Hospital in honor and memory of Alyssa Pape
- A breakfast in the Union raising money for the Heifer Fund
- Bake sales to raise money for the March of Dimes and the Heifer Fund
- A food drive of nonperishable items for a food pantry