Performing Arts Department
Participating in the performing arts can be a critical step to helping develop students’ confidence and character. The Performing Arts Department at Pius XI Catholic High School is renowned regionally and nationally for its ability to nurture future artists and performers. With numerous opportunities on the stage, in orchestra, and more, students who participate in the performing arts have the chance to grow and develop as both artists and creative persons. Our students often go on to study at some of the most prestigious arts schools across the country, including New York University and the Boston Conservatory.
“Pius XI Catholic High School has the flagship program in Performing Arts in the state of Wisconsin.”
The Performing Arts Program is Designed to Enable Students to:
- Perform a wide variety of repertoire – both alone and in groups.
- Authentically communicate the message of the repertoire, using appropriate technical and interpretive tools.
- Develop a working understanding of the collaborative nature of group performance.
- Describe, analyze, and evaluate the meaning of a wide variety of repertoire and media.
- Develop a sense of their artistic potential.
- Understand and express other points of view – social, cultural, historical, etc. – through performance.
- Find beauty and power in the performing arts.
- A full four-year, scoped and sequenced curricular program in Dance, Drama, Vocal and Instrumental Music that ranges from absolute beginner, to college audition major preparation and AP Music Theory.
- State-of-the-Art Father Robert V. Carney Performing Arts Center featuring the 500 seat Wendy Joy Lindsey Theater.
- More than 150 various performance opportunities each academic school year including concert performances, musicals, plays, dance recitals, liturgical services, Wisconsin School Music Festivals, Community Performances, Opera Scenes, and a Madrigal Dinner.
- Pius XI is one of the most highly awarded programs in the state; receiving Tommy Awards for Outstanding Musical, Best Direction, Best Musical Direction, Best Choreography, Best Set and Lighting Design, and many Outstanding Lead Performers.
- Our combined total of Wisconsin School Music Association Honors Project students ranks Pius XI High School as the #1 private school in the state for accepted Honors Students, and one of the top ten among all public and private schools in the state.
- Performing Arts students have received millions of dollars in academic and merit scholarships to attend some of the most prestigious performing arts programs in the country.
- Pius XI students perform with: NYU summer music theater intensive program, Boston Conservatory summer musical theater dance intensive, NAfME all-national honor choir, all national Catholic Honor choir, the Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphony Chorus, and the Florentine Opera and more.
- Mixed Choir
- Advanced Choir
- Concert Choir
- Vocal Jazz Ensemble
- Madrigal Ensemble/Ladies In Waiting
- Special Projects in Choral Music
- Beginning Band
- Percussion Ensemble
- Symphonic Band
- Beginning Strings
- Intermediate Strings/String Orchestra
- AP Music Theory
- Beginning Dance
- Dance 1
- Dance 2
- Dance 3
- Dance 4
- Dance 5
- Special Topics in Dance
- Acting 1A
- Acting 1B
- Acting 2
- Acting 3
- Acting 4
- Technical Theater
- Basic Improvisation
- Special Projects in Theater
Performing Arts Faculty
Kristin Herlache Dimmer (Department Chair): email@example.com
Tina Coe (Dance): firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Klotz (Choral): email@example.com
Tom Ajack (Choral): firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Lieberman (Orchestra): email@example.com
David Barker (Band): firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Schwartz (Theater): email@example.com
Catherine Glogovsky (Theater): firstname.lastname@example.org