Here at Pius XI Catholic High School, we believe that every student – every person – is created in God’s own divine image.
The Theology department is focused on a mission – enable students to internalize knowing, loving and serving God and others.
Our curriculum is grounded in the belief that God’s unconditional love is manifested in the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
“The entire staff and faculty strives to be the best role models as each of us can be, aka we demonstrate our Catholic identity.”
The Theology Program is Designed to:
- Challenge students creatively to know and apply the Catholic Faith Tradition.
- Articulate a sound understanding of God’s presence in our lives.
- Enable students to serve as Jesus would, through various service opportunities, within the XI, local and global communities.
- Expose students to a wide variety of prayer experiences.
- Provide students with a comprehensive retreat program, beginning freshman year.
- Foundations of Scripture: Hebrew Scripture
- Foundations of Scripture: Christian Scripture
- Foundations of Theology: Catholic Faith
- Foundations of Theology: Church History
- Life Themes in Literature
- Christian Ministries (Big Buddy)
- Christian Spirituality
- Comparative Religions
- Honors Theology: Philosophy for Theology
- Justice and Liberation
- Spirituality of non-violent Leadership
- Morality and Ethics