Find Your Inspiration.
Change the Future
Pius XI Catholic High School offers a unique and challenging environment for students who seek an education experience guided by strong standards of excellence, modeled by compassion and service.
“Well-rounded” describes both our curriculum and our students. Pius XI is a place where motivated students thrive and prepare for their bright futures in a character shaping atmosphere.
The foundation of the Pius XI Catholic High School experience is grounded in these four core pillars: Faith, Academics, Arts, and Athletics.
In everything we do, we are guided by faith.
Pius XI Catholic High School grounds its community in a faith-centered approach that nurtures each student’s growth in mind, body, and spirit.
Students are given not just the knowledge and skills they will need to prosper in tomorrow’s world, but also the faith and virtues to make them women and men of outstanding character.
Tomorrow’s forward thinking, compassionate civic and business leaders are learning in our classrooms.
Our curriculum is unparalleled in its scope and rigor for serious students seeking a high level of preparedness for college and beyond.
Pius XI approaches academics with the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to develop their God-given talents. To that end, our academic philosophy is shaped by a student-centered approach where students and teachers work side-by-side to tailor a course of study that will challenge and enlightenment each individual.
“The application process was simple! The admissions staff at Pius XI is truly welcoming, and they were quick to answer all of my questions. Thank you. Go Pius!”
Pius XI offers over 100 courses within 12 teaching departments – including 12 Advanced Placement classes. Students who apply themselves fully to the serious academic standards set at Pius XI Catholic High School are able to realize their full potential within their four-years of high school – and many go on to college with a full semester’s worth of credits to start.
With 20 different boys and girls teams in over 13 different sports, Pius XI Catholic High School is a powerhouse in scholastic athletic programs.
Pius XI is a member of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletics Association and competes in the Woodland Conference. Over its rich history, Pius XI can boast of nearly 200 Conference Championships and 100 State Championships.
While a high level of achievement and proficiency is a goal of all Pius XI athletic programming, integrity and sportsmanship are valued above all for Pius XI athlete-scholars.
Pius XI Catholic High School at a Glance
- 852 students enrolled from over 163 schools (parochial, private and public) in four counties
- 72 students studying abroad from 7 different countries
- 188 enrolled in our freshman class
- 71% of our juniors were confirmed Catholic
- The mean GPA for Pius XI students was 3.12
- 27 was the average ACT score among upperclassmen
- 7 National Merit Finalists in our senior class
- 32 hold a master’s degree or higher
- 41% have dedicated more than 10 years to Pius XI students
- The average class size is 17 students
- Our faculty-to-student ratio is 10:1
- University of Chicago
- Smith College
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- St. Louis University
- Cornell College
- Coe College
- New York University